Three easy, quick, and healthy weeknight chicken recipes.
If your anything like me dinner can get challenging.
Between toddlers, sports, trying to be healthy, but get the family to eat. Some weeks I repeat the same things or everyone complains and it is draining.
This week I did 3 chicken dishes that worked well with our family and schedule.
First recipe is chicken paillard. Super simple and can be modified.
Recipe is super simple as followed:
1 lb thinly sliced chicken breast
Salt and pepper
Lemon juice and lemon zest of 1/2 lemon
1 tsp mustard Dijon
1. First make the dressing and let it set in the fridge. Take 2 TBS of oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice and zest, and 1tsp Dijon. Shake up together and set in fridge.
I used this Salad dressing shaker.
2. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Heat skillet with oil. (I used spray coconut oil) Cook each side of chicken for 3-4 min until cooked through.
3. Take arugula in a bowl drizzle with dressing and Parmesan and toss.
4. Put chicken on plate and top with arugula mix.
Simple. Easy. Under 20 min. Healthy.
I added some steamed asparagus and jasmine rice for the kids.
Next easy chicken dish is chicken and dinner in a pan. Who doesn’t love a one pan meal?
Chicken breast strips
Frozen green beans
Frozen corn on the cob
Zesty Italian mix
Ghee or butter
Seriously the simplest meal ever.
1. Preheat oven to 425 f
2. I melted 3tbs of ghee and added the package of zesty Italian mix.
3. Put chicken breast, green beans, and corn in an oven safe dish. Stir and pour seasoning over entire dish
4. Place in the oven for 35-45 min until chicken is cooked and veggies are warm.
I added some fresh strawberries and dinner rolls.
Mom success when the kids enjoy and eat their food without complaining.
Last chicken dish was prob my favorite.
Roasted chickpea and Romaine chicken ceaser salad.
I made some extra thinly sliced chicken breast earlier in the week which made this recipe even easier and faster.
1 can of chickpeas
Salt, pepper, garlic seasoning, chili powder
Girard’s light ceaser
Cooked sliced chicken breast
Package of Romaine lettuce
1. Preheat the oven to 425f.
2. Drain, wash, and dry the can of chickpeas. Place on baking sheet drizzle with oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and chili powder.
3. Place in oven for 40 min shaking the pan every 10 min.
4. Place romaine on baking sheet drizzle with ceaser dressing. Stuck in the oven for about 5-10 min.
5. I added the cooked chicken to the chickpea pan for the last 10 min to warm it up and roast it a little bit.
6. Cut the romaine on your plate add chickpeas and chicken. Top with Parmesan and extra dressing if needed.
I added some Mac and cheese and strawberries drizzled in honey for the kids,
Seriously all these meals were winners with the kids and husband. They were simple, easy, and healthy.
Stay tuned for the next blog post on our 10 lbs of fresh strawberries we picked and what we’re using them for!
And the recipes!